Sunday, September 9, 2012

Top Water Summer Bass Fishing

Although Summer is coming to an end, you can still get out on those lakes and ponds to catch some serious largemouths. With the water temperatures warm, largemouth bass are incredibly active. There is nothing more exhilarating than tossing a floating frog lure over some lilly-pads and watching the water explode with the slightest nudge as the frog falls into sight.

Here's a video to show you what I mean!


This kind of fishing is as simple as it gets. Buy a top water frog lure, cast into some cover, lilly pads, shallow areas, ledges, etc. Let it sit, tap it a bit so it looks like the frog is twitching, and when the water explodes in front of you let the fish take it for a count 2, and set the hook!

Here are some of my favorite frogs, click to learn more about them:



Here's a nice 3lb bass I caught using this method:

1 comment:

  1. That is very helpful. It presented me a number of ideas and I’ll be placing them on my blog eventually. I’m bookmarking your website and I’ll be back. Thank you again!
    Fish trolling

    ReplyDelete